As some of you know i had cancer and was given a few months to live, that was over 20 years ago i wanted to share some of what i do to help prevent it from ever happening to me again. Wes
1. Eat whole foods! Read More here –>> www.eatwild.com
2. Take a daily Probiotic. Very Important!
3. Do not touch added sugar – glucose or High Fructose Corn Syrup!!!
4. Avoid mass market cows´ dairy (unpasteurised milk from grass fed cattle does, however, have advantages) http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=531
Bacteria : Science is in the nascent stages of understanding how our physical and mental health is interlocked with the vitality of the population of bacteria that live with us. We know fermented vegetables are a piece of the puzzle not only in keeping probiotics in our diet, and therefore in our gut, but also in the changes that overcome the vegetables that make their nutrients more available for our bodies to absorb. http://www.motherearthliving.com/food-and-recipes/cooking-methods/vegetable-fermentation-ze0z1501zhou.aspx?PageId=1#ArticleContent
Turmeric : Curcumin—a derivative of turmeric, and the pigment that gives the curry spice turmeric its yellow-orange color—has been extensively researched
Curcumin appears to be universally useful for just about every type of cancer, and has the most evidence-based literature supporting its use against cancer of any nutrient
It has the ability to modulate genetic activity and expression, both by destroying cancer cells, and by promoting healthy cell function
Research has also shown that it works synergistically with certain chemotherapy drugs, enhancing the elimination of cancer cells add turmeric to your medicine cabinet. Polysaccharrdes It’s a powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, it lowers cholesterol, and it fights atherosclerosis. http://www.motherearthliving.com/food-matters/for-your-health-milk-turmeric.aspx
“I start every day with a bout 5 Apricot Kernels and some water to chew with so i don’t taste them, Wesley”
Apricot kernel : An apricot kernel is the seed of an apricot. It is known for containing amygdalin, a compound which, together with the similar compound laetrile, has been marketed as a cancer treatment. Laetrile is the patented drug made from the natural compound amygdalin, found in the seeds of many fruits, such as apricot, plum and peach pits, apple seeds, and quince, as well as in almonds. Laetrile is also known as Amigdalina B-17 or vitamin B17, although there is very little evidence it warrants classification as a vitamin. Amygdalin contains glucose, benzaldehyde, and cyanide. Cyanide is believed to be the active cancer-toxic ingredient in Laetrile. However, cyanide is toxic to all cells, so Laetrile’s overall toxicity is a concern.3
74-year-old Danny McDonald of Dunaff, Ireland, that he had stomach cancer so severe that it would likely kill him within three months, he decided to ignore their advice to undergo toxic chemotherapy treatments and instead embrace a nutritional approach to healing. Four years later and Danny is doing great, thanks to daily protocol he adopted that involves juicing and drinking wheatgrass, a nutrient-dense “superfood” with a variety of amazing health benefits.
Pumpkin Seeds : should be eaten raw. If you choose to purchase seeds from a bulk bin, make sure they smell fresh – not musty, spoiled or stale, which could indicate rancidity or the presence of fungal mycotoxins. Organic pumpkin seeds are preferred, as they will not be contaminated with pesticides or other harmful chemicals.
“i took and still take mushroom everyday, Wesley”
Medicinal Mushrooms contain high levels of glycoproteins and polysaccharides (Beta Glucan Polysaccharide being a particularly active health contributor). Research, including 4 Nobel Prizes, shows that glycoproteins can help cellular communications. So they help your hormones do their job better, they help receptor sites receive the messages they are supposed to receive, and they help your immune system see the rogue cells and differentiate them from the healthy cells. (Click here to read about Glycoproteins – the coming cancer treatment)
(Chris Woollams. CANCERactive) Research on the subject of medicinal mushrooms is consistent and very clear: Depending upon the variety, they….
* increase survival times in research trials with breast, lung and prostate cancer patients,
* can shrink cancer tumours by up to 70 per cent (some extracts even caused cancers to disappear)
* stimulate the immune system, for example increasing macrophage activity or stimulating B- and T-lymphocyte production
* reduced blood supply to prostate cancer tumours, and,
* reduced side-effects of radiotherapy and chemotherapy (like nausea and hair loss).
It all depends which you mushroom extract you choose, how concentrated it is, and whether you use complementary doses of vitamin C and other such natural compounds.
Personally, I believe every cancer patient should take an extract of a medicinal mushroom. Like astragalus and vitamin D, these compounds act in a complementary way to help you increase your personal odds of beating cancer. http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=1488
falcarindiol which they feel cause the anticancer properties. Falcarinol is a natural pesticide produced by the carrot that protects its roots from fungal diseases. Carrots are one of the only common sources of this compound. A study showed 1/3 lower cancer risk by carrot-eating mice. The high level of beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism. It help slows down the aging of cells.
Organic Sunflower Seeds provide a rich source of vitamins E and B-1, as well as copper. Adding nuts and seeds to your diet benefits your health. Individuals who consume these foods on a regular basis enjoy a lower risk of developing cardiovascular disease or type 2 diabetes, according to the Linus Pauling Institute
Organic Tomatoes Lycopene, is not just an excellent anti-oxidant, it binds to fats in the body and helps remove them. Linked to lower rates of prostrate cancer and reduced systems. Eat tomatoes, especially cooked tomatoes.
Milk Tthistle : Numerous, very well-designed clinical trials have validated the therapeutic efficacy of milk thistle in improving and supporting healthy liver function. The German equivalent of the FDA considers milk thistle seeds as an acceptable treatment for liver health. http://www.motherearthliving.com/natural-health/every-herb-has-a-story-milk-thistle-health-benefits.aspx
Supplements : Researchers suggested certain natural compounds ‘that can be taken as supplements’ . Many of these compounds (like suphoraphanes, resveratrol, curcumin, piperine, vitamin E – the one with all 8 natural components – vitamin A, genistein, choline, theanine, EGCG in green tea.
Exercise plays an important role. There are meta-studies showing that light, daily exercise is linked to greater survival rates. This ‘exercise’ does not have to be strenuous – it can include T’ai Chi, yoga and brisk walking, for example. The important point is that 30 minutes every day is linked to improved survival.
Weight control: People who are overweight and/or obese develop more cancers and survive least. But the good news is that research by NorthWestern Medical School showed that if you controlled your weight loss back to normal levels, your survival times increased.
“The Following i did when i had cancer and my Aunt also did it, we had to “grow our own” but now you can buy it pre made at store. Wesley”
The name kombucha [(Chinese: chájūn (茶菌), Japanese: kōcha-kinoko (紅茶キノコ), Korean: hongchabeoseotcha (홍차버섯차), Russian: chaynyy grib (чайный гриб)] refers to any of a variety of preparations of fermented, lightly effervescent sweetened black or green tea drinks that are commonly used as functional beverages for their as yet unsubstantiated health benefits. Kombucha is produced by fermenting tea using a “symbiotic ‘colony’ of bacteria and yeast” (SCOBY). Actual contributing microbial populations in SCOBY cultures vary, but the yeast component generally includes Saccharomyces and other species, and the bacterial component almost always includes
Beverages referred to as kombucha originated around 5,000 years ago in China, though the English word can only be traced to 1991 and is of uncertain etymology. Historically, kombucha has been home- or locally-brewed; in the late 1990s, commercially bottled kombucha became available in North American retail stores.
Although kombucha has been claimed to be a cure for many diseases, and to confer a wide range of health benefits, there is no good evidence to support these claims. There are several documented cases of adverse effects related to kombucha drinking, and there is the potential for contamination during home preparation. A systematic review found the mostly uncle
Here are even more things worth looking into i’m going to list here.
- PQQ Pyrroloquinoline Quinone it Promotes Mitochondrial Biogenesis, Supports Heart and Cognitive Functions
PQQ (pyrroloquinoline quinone) is an important antioxidant, that promotes the creation of new mitochondria, along with supporting heart health and cognitive function.
- Glutathione is a powerful antioxidant.
Glutathione is a natural substance found in varying degrees in all cells, tissues, organ systems and fluids in the body. It is a tripeptide compound, made up of three amino acids: cysteine, glycine and glutamic acid. Glutathione is best known for its role as a powerful antioxidant.
The body naturally produces glutathione, but levels are known to decrease with age. Factors such as poor diet, strenuous exercise, being overweight and certain health conditions can also affect glutathione levels.
- A powerful antioxidant and glutathione precursor.
N-acetyl cysteine is a specially modified form of the essential amino acid cysteine.
Helps the body make glutathione, one of the most important antioxidant enzymes.
May help the body maintain healthy homocysteine levels, which is important for heart health.
Has been shown to support lung and bronchial health.*
May support healthy immune system function.*
- A little-known Chinese herb might be eligible for the growing list of alternative cancer treatments. According to studies published in Life Sciences, Cancer Letters, and Anticancer Drugs, artemesinin, a derivative of the wormwood plant commonly used in Chinese medicine, can kill off cancer cells and do it at a rate of 12,000 cancer cells for every healthy cell.
- Read more : http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/03/26/this-little-known-chinese-herb-kills-12000-cancer-cells-for-every-healthy-cell/
- Carnivora® is the 100% pure extract from the Venus Flytrap plant and was developed by Dr. Helmut G. Keller in the late 1970’s in Europe. In 1988, the active component of Carnivora®, “plumbagin,” was isolated. It has proven itself to be, in vivo and in vitro (in live subjects and in the laboratory), a powerful immuno-stimulant, stimulating cytokines and also inhibiting protein kinases, thus stopping abnormal cell growth (that doesn’t belong in the human body). Several celebrities have used Carnivora® including former president Ronald Reagan, who requested that Carnivora® be sent to the White House in 1985. Carnivora® is now sold around the world. This plant is packed with 17 naturally occurring compounds with far reaching implications that are 100% compatible with the human body. Additionally Carnivora® has a very potent effect an “immuno-modulating” compound. (Molecular Recognition, European Symposium, 1988 et. al., B.Kreher, A. Neszmelyi, K. Polos, H. Wagner) –
- Long before the first Europeans stepped off the ship, Native Americans were making dumplings, raisins, drinks and poultices with the large, sweet bunches of grapes called “Cherokee muscadines.” In 1524, Giovanni da Verrazzano (a Florentine navigator who explored the Cape Fear River valley for France) first spotted muscadines in North Carolina. He wrote in his logbook that he saw “many vines growing naturally there.” Also known as “scuppernong,” muscadines are bronze or a purple black color and tend to be larger, stronger and have thicker skins than traditional grapes. Found in Southeastern states from Texas to Georgia and up to North Carolina, muscadine grapes appear in all types of local recipes – Normal grapes have 19 pairs of chromosomes, but muscadines actually have an extra pair of chromosomes! – “Laboratory experiments show that an extract of the skin of muscadine grapes can inhibit growth of prostate cancer cells in the laboratory.” “Using a series of human prostate cancer cells, representing different stages of prostate cancer progression, the researchers showed that Muscadine Skin Extract (MSKE) significantly inhibits the growth of cancerous, but not normal, prostate cells, primarily by inducing a process called apoptosis, or programmed cell death.” “The fact that all of the cells studied, which cover the different stages of prostate cancer tumor progression, responded to MSKE suggests that the active compounds in this extract may inhibit tumor development at very early stages.” “Although MSKE has significant inhibitory effects on the prostate cancer cell lines, it did not alter the growth variables of normal human primary prostate cells. This strongly suggests that the effects of MSKE may be specific for transformed cells, even at early stages, and that MSKE may be potentially very useful as a chemopreventive agent.” –
- Read More Anticancer and Cancer Chemopreventive Potential of Grape Seed Extract and Other Grape-Based Products http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2728696/
- chrysin, Chrysin is a naturally occurring flavone, a type of flavonoid. It is found in the passion flowers Passiflora caerulea and Passiflora incarnata, and in Oroxylum indicum.
- coriolus versicolor, Turkey tail Mushroom Fungus
- diindolymethane, Diindolymetano, Diidolylméthane, DIM, 3,3′-Diindolylmethane. 3,3′-Diindolylmethane is a compound derived from the digestion of indole-3-carbinol, found in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and kale.
- quercetin, is a flavonol found in many fruits, vegetables, leaves and grains. It can be used as an ingredient in supplements, beverages, or foods
- selenium methionine –is a naturally occurring amino acid. The L-selenomethionine enantiomer is the main form of selenium found in Brazil nuts, cereal grains, soybeans, and grassland legumes
5 top heart health supplements
Red yeast rice
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO SEARCH FOR INFO ON THESE, THE LIFE YOU SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN!
The Rainbow diet is about being SENSIBLE about sugar. Natural plant sugars are bound to be consumed. But added, empty calorie, sugar is not. 6 meals a day are eaten as a minimum. Such ´grazing´ and a lack of glucose and High Fructose Corn Syrup from fizzy soft drinks, no cakes, biscuits, chocolate, ice cream and so on, is sensible eating. But the strength of the Rainbow Diet is What You Eat – not what you leave out – the diet uses a host of epigenetic bioactive compounds – primarily the pigments in fruit and vegetables, to protect and correct.
There is more research of relevance:
1. In Cancer Watch we have covered about six research studies over the last three years all pointing to the fact that people with the highest levels of blood glucose develop more cancer, and those with cancer and high blood glucose levels have the poorest survival rates. But this is hardly surprising – uniquely, cancer cells feed on glucose. Research on high fructose corn syrup suggests it may be even worse (Click Here)
2. When it comes to fat, research from the VITAL study (Cancer Watch; November 2012) from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Centre in Seattle showed that bad fats could drive the recurrence of breast cancer while fish oils could prevent it.
3. Research in the Oncologist. (2013;18(1):97-103; Champ et al – click here) showed that Calorie Restriction may well improve survival times for those undergoing radiotherapy and even chemotherapy, and clinical trials are planned.
This article is about the use of ´The Ketogenic Diet´. Although past work has focused on the Ketogenic Diet with brain tumours, this anti-cancer diet seems to have potential with almost any solid cancer.
Brain and other solid tumours
Let us start with a short review of research.
Brain and other solid tumours thrive on glucose – there are several research studies confirming this:
a. Researchers Seefried and Mukherjee from the Biology Department of Boston College first proposed in 2005 that brain tumour cells were inflexible in that they could use glucose but not ketones as an energy source, unlike flexible healthy cells which could use either. They argued that metabolic therapy was the way forward as little progress had been made with drugs for five decades.
b. Researchers from Ohio State University Cancer Center showed that a molecule miR-451 switches off in the absence of glucose and shuts down ´the engine of the tumour´ but causes the brain tumour to grown and spread where there is an abundance of glucose.
c In January 2009 researchers from Johns Hopkins noted that there was a strong link between hyperglycemia and cancer risk; and after following brain cancer patients they concluded that those with the highest blood glucose levels survived least. They also concluded this was likely to hold true for most cancers (Cancer Watch 2009; Click Here).
d. In 2009 researchers discovered that insulin resistance was linked to breast cancer. Where women had higher levels of blood glucose as a result, their breast cancer risk increased 1.7 times (Cancer Watch;Click Here).
e In 2010 researchers from the NCI showed that metformin, the diabetes drug which reduces blood sugar levels, was linked to lowered levels of lung cancer in studies (Cancer Watch; Click Here).
f. MD Anderson (November 2012) have shown that a protein, Pyruvate Kinase M2 (PMK2), which is active during infancy, is turned back on by cancer tumours and activates what they called The Warburg effect (after the Nobel Prize winner). They state, ´any solid cancer tumors, but in particular brain cancers, will use PMK2 to activate glycolysis´ (the burning of glucose to provide energy for cancer cells). (Nature Cell Biology – Weiwei Yang, Ph.D., Yanhua Zheng, Ph.D., Yan Xia, Ph.D., and Haitao Ji, Ph.D.)
g. In research by Elizabeth Maher et al March 2012, NMR in Biomedicine, the conclusion reached was that glucose was essential to a brain tumour but other sources from inside the cell, like glutamine, may also provide ´reserve´ energy.
Despite all this, all too often patients are given foods like ice cream, sugary tea, sugared buns and Ribena whilst lying in their post-operation beds. This is crazy. In fact, ten years ago I talked to Catherine´s oncologists about starving the brain of glucose. They actually laughed. http://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=3117