Mine some Crypto at home with a spare PC’s GPU.
Ethereum, Dogecoin, Ethereum Classic, And Other Cryptocurrencies You Can ‘Create’
- MinerGate xFast GUI Miner is an easy-to-use yet high-performance mining software. Based on the new code architecture, the app shows impressive hashing output, making your mining experience even more efficient. (This was super easy setup! i have mined a small amount of Coin over night.)
- EasyMiner (https://www.easyminer.net/) A CPU/GPU miner for Litecoin , Bitcoin, besides other cryptocurrencies. EasyMiner is mostly a graphical frontend for mining Bitcoin ,Litecoin,Dogeecoin and other various altcoins by providing a handy way to perform cryptocurrency mining using a graphical interface. It supports both AMD and NVIDIA GPUs, and also CPU mining. You are able to select from pooled mining and solo mining – the software program embeds some mining pools to choose from. EasyMiner automatically enforces SSE2, AVX and AVX2 instructions where available. Features : bitcoin , litecoin, dogeecoin, altcoins, cpuminer , cpuminer 64 , bitcoin , bitcoin miner , cpu miner , cudaminer , cgminer , gpuminer ( gpu miner ) , stratum mining proxy. (this one did not run on my PC)
- MultiPoolMiner Multi-algo, multi-pool, multi-device controller. Monitors crypto mining pools and coins in real-time and finds the most profitable for your machine. Simply edit a batch file with your Bitcoin address or username and start mining. You will start earning even during benchmarking! MultiPoolMiner is more profitable than Nicehash Miner 2 and Nicehash Miner Legacy as it uses direct pool mining. With less than 0.7% minimum fee. It supports a great number of mining pools, such as CryptoNight, Ethash, Equihash, Groestl, Keccak, Lyra2RE2, Lyra2z, MyriadGroestl, NeoScrypt, Quark, Qubit, Scrypt, SHA256, Skein, X11, and Yescrypt.
- NemosMiner Multi-algo profit-switching NVIDIA cryptocurrency miner.NemosMiner monitors mining pools in real-time in order to find the most profitable algorithm to mine on Nvidia cards.
- Go Ethereum Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol. Go Ethereum is the official Golang implementation of the Ethereum protocol, a decentralized computing platform that runs smart contracts and applications. There are three original implementations of Ethereum and along with C++ and Python, Go Ethereum is one of them, written in Go. Go Ethereum comes with several wrappers/executables. It is fully open source and available as a standalone client called Geth that you can install on just about any operating system, or as a library that you can embed in your Go, Android or iOS projects.
- Monero Secure, Private Digital Currency. Monero is a secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency. It is decentralized– dependent on a distributed peer-to-peer consensus network where every transaction is cryptographically secured. With Monero you are your own bank, you control your funds and can spend safely. No one else can see your balances, track your transfers or any other transactions unless you allow them to.
- Cryptocheck Monitors balances of your cryptocurrency addresses Cryptocheck monitors balances of your cryptocurrency addresses and raises an alert in case of any change detected. It connects to known block explorer API services to verify balances. It is useful for long-term investors
- DFD Cryptocoin Values Bitcoin/Alts portfolio tracker, email/text/alexa/ghome/telegram alerts. Open source / 100% free cryptocurrency investment portfolio tracker, with email / text / Alexa / Ghome / Telegram alerts, charts, mining calculators, leverage / gain / loss / balance stats, news feeds + more. Privately track Bitcoin, Ethereum, and unlimited other cryptocurrencies. Customize the assets list / alerts / charts / exchange pairings. Add as many assets / markets / alerts / charts as you want. Over 40 Exchanges / 80 Trading Pairs Supported
- Ethereum Wallet and Mist Browser Gateway to decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain. Ethereum Wallet is a gateway to decentralized applications on the Ethereum blockchain. It enables you to hold and secure ether and other crypto-assets built on Ethereum, as well as write, deploy and use smart contracts. Mist Browser (formerly Ethereum Dapp Browser) is the end-user interface for Ethereum. It’s the tool of choice for browsing and using Dapps and is specifically designed for non-technical users.
Ethereum (ETH): The second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap, it hit $1,467.78 in January 2021. ETH can be mined with a graphics processing unit, provided it is sufficiently powerful. Potential miners will need to download the ETH blockchain and set up their wallet to receive the mined coins.
ZCash (ZEC): Similar to ETH, this currency can also be mined with a GPU. A complete mining guide is available for novice miners. ZEC promoters recommend miners join a pool instead of attempting to go solo.
Monero (XMR): Known for its anonymity, this altcoin is suitable for mining with your home computer. Miners will require a wallet to store the XMR, and there is one available for multiple platforms from Monero.
Dogecoin (DOGE): The meme-themed cryptocurrency often at the receiving end of jokes from Tesla Inc TSLA CEO Elon Musk can be mined at home. While CPU mining with CPU miner is possible, it is slow and it is recommended to use GPU mining. Graphics cards made by Advanced Micro Devices, Inc AMD are superior for mining DOGE than those made by Nvidia Corporation NVDA.
Other coins that can be mined include Grin (GRIN), Beam, Bytecoin (BCN), Aeon, and Ethereum Classic (ETC).
Hot Stuff: Cryptocurrency mining can heat GPUs. It is best to use heat monitoring software to avoid damage to equipment. Miners need wallets for respective coins and access to cryptocurrency exchange in case they want to trade the mined coins.
You may also Buy coins directly from exchanges like Coinbase and Binance or fintech platforms like PayPal Holdings Inc PYPL and Square Inc SQ.
- Hardware: Ledger Nano S
- Hardware: Trezor One
- Hardware: KeepKey
- Hardware: Trezor Model T
- Software: Coinbase
- Software: Gemini
- Software: MetaMask
- Software: Argent
Types of Crypto Wallets
- Hot wallets. These types of wallets use keys (a form of cryptography, kind of like a password) that were created or are stored on a device that has access to the internet. Hot wallets offer a high utility but are often considered less secure than cold wallets.
- Cold wallets. Cold wallets use keys created on a device that has never had access to the internet. Cold wallets are also known as hardware wallets, which are wallets stored on physical devices.
- Hosted wallets. These live on another server that you don’t control. Hosted wallets are attractive targets for hackers, as hosted wallets hold all the funds from the wallets on the server. Hosted wallets offer differing levels of protection, and some are even insured by third parties, so it’s important to be aware of what your hosted wallet has to offer.
- Decentralized wallets. A decentralized wallet means that only you hold the keys to your crypto wallet.. A decentralized wallet doesn’t guarantee complete anonymity, however. It simply means you don’t rely on a 3rd party to send, receive or store your cryptocurrency, mitigating some security risks associated with hosted wallets.